Get a Railcard
Most Railcards are easy to buy online, and you can use Railcards on MyTrainTicket to save even more money on your train tickets. There are many different types available, so find out if there's one for you and start saving money now. A Railcard costs £28 or less for a year, and you can find full details of the different types available at the Railcard website. There are often some great discounts and offers available for each Railcard type, so do check the site to find out more!
Railcards typically give you 33% off most fares (First Class fares are not always included) and the Family & Friends Railcard gives you 60% off child fares (already half price), as well as 34% off adult fares.
Use your Railcard at MyTrainTicket to save even more money on your train travel - just select the Railcard type in the journey planner.
Railcards can save you money on every trip you make - you may even cover the cost of purchase on your first train ticket, depending on how far you're going!
The following Railcards are available, and all are accepted for use on MyTrainTicket:
- Perfect for students - buy a 3 year 16-25 Railcard for just £65 (a saving of £19)! If you're a mature student (26 or over and in full-time education), you can apply too! Visit friends and family, get travel tips and take advantage of all the great offers and discounts
Family & Friends Railcard
- Ideal when you're travelling with kids! Get money off your train tickets, keep up to date with special offers (discounts on restaurants, hotels, days out) and save almost £20 when you buy a 3 year Family & Friends Railcard
- Reduced cost train travel for the over 60s. With an average annual saving of £94, Senior Railcards are available for 1 or 3 years and can be used on short or long train trips - ideal for booing a day out and taking advantage of other excellent offers. Senior Railcards cost £28 for 1 year or £65 for 3 years
Disabled Persons Railcard
- Get 1/3 off one year's travel for you and a companion. Available for just £20 for 1 year, £54 for 3 years. Find out if you're eligible for a Disabled Persons Railcard, and read about arranging assistance at stations and on trains
- Save money on train trips to and around London and the South East. Get 1/3 off most standard adult rail fares in the Network Railcard area, for yourself and up to three other adults, and save 60% on child fares for up to four children (aged 5-15)