Self-service ticket machines
You can collect your tickets free of charge from any National Rail station that has self-service ticket machines – it doesn’t have to be your journey departure station, so if another station is more conveniently located, you can collect your tickets from there instead.
Your tickets will be ready 2 hours after making the booking and can be collected any time prior to your journey.
Here’s how to collect your tickets from a self-service machine:-
- You must have the same credit/debit card that you used to make your booking when you collect your tickets from the self-service machine. If your payment card has been replaced since you made your booking, you should contact MyTrainTicket before your journey
- Take a print-out of your booking confirmation with you, but note that this does not give you entitlement to travel – you must always collect your tickets before travel
- At the self-service machine, choose the ‘collect pre-paid tickets’ option beforeinserting your credit card. If you do not do this, the machine does not connect with the correct system that holds your existing booking, and will not therefore dispense your pre-paid tickets
- Enter the 8-digit collection reference on your order confirmation (this will be letters and numbers, e.g. T4X7DPL9) to receive your tickets
- Before leaving the self-service machine, check that the correct number of coupons have been dispensed to cover the complete booking, including tickets, supplements and seat reservations. The collection receipt is the last coupon to be printed. Any problems should be raised immediately with local station staff
- If you plan to collect your tickets early in the morning or late in the day, the station’s self-service ticket facilities may be closed or unattended. You can check station opening hours on the National Rail website
If you have problems collecting your tickets from the self-service ticket machine, please go immediately to the station booking office. Upon production of your booking confirmation print-out and the same credit/debit card that you used to make your booking, station staff should be able to issue your tickets. If the station is unattended, please call our customer services team on 0333 7721610*, before your train departs.
* Standard charge from a BT landline. Calls from other operators and from outside the UK may cost more.
Our team is available to take your call 5 days a week from 8am to 6pm